At South Bend Orthopaedics, we strive to provide the highest quality of care to patients and to always continue improving. To assure our patients continue to receive the exceptional quality of care and outcomes expected by our top-notch providers, we have partnered with PatientIQ to capture patient-reported outcome measures.
What is PatientIQ?
PatientIQ is a platform for healthcare professionals, researchers, and industry partners to collaborate on the mission to improve patient outcomes.
Why does South Bend Orthopaedics partner with PatientIQ?
At South Bend Orthopaedics, our mission is to provide you excellent, cutting-edge patient care and to develop new patient treatment regimens using novel technologies. The PatientIQ platform empowers our clinical teams with a modern healthcare platform to better monitor your healing and recovery, send you timely information related to your treatment plans, and gain insights into how to best treat our patients over time. We are committed to continuously improving, and that starts first with measuring our performance today.
What are the benefits?
PatientIQ clinical pathways allow our healthcare providers and care teams to track your status and compare your progress versus other patients with a similar diagnosis and/or undergoing a similar treatment.
With patient-reported outcomes, providers can garner an accurate longitudinal evaluation of their patients' health at the individual and population health levels. With analytics, PatientIQ informs decision-making by care teams, which ultimately leads to better outcomes.
How does it work?
After being assessed by a provider, your care team may enroll you in a given pathway built within the PatientIQ platform. Then, you will be contacted via email or text to complete tasks from any device (smartphone, tablet, computer) that will aid you through your care journey, from preop to post-op, and throughout your recovery. The metrics are collected and analyzed to assist providers in decision-making.
These pathways can consist of:
- Assessments and questionnaires about your health status
- Clinical documentation – consent forms, intake forms,
- Educational materials - videos, PDF documents, and other interactive content
- Self-guided physical therapy protocols and instructions
- Surveys on recent visits
These are the steps in the process:
- You are provided care at a South Bend Orthopaedics location.
- Your complaints are logged into the electronic health record and then you may be automatically enrolled in a digital care pathway.
- Upon enrollment, you will receive an automated email and text message from your provider, asking you to complete the assigned tasks.
- In the email, there will be a call-to-action button that, once clicked, will open the default web browser and prompt you to complete your assigned tasks.
- Responses are stored, calculated, and sent automatically to your care team for review.
- Your care team will analyze results and determine action items.
- This process will repeat at relevant intervention points throughout the journey to recovery.