Growing up on campus at the University of Chicago, Dr. Reddy's mind has always been focused on education. He completed N-12 with the top ranked University of Chicago Laboratory Schools. He went on to leave and excel at the University of Michigan graduating with high honors. He returned to the University of Chicago and Hyde Park to complete medical school at the Pritzker School of Medicine and residency with the Department of Orthopaedic Surgery where his interest in spine surgery began in 2009. After residency he completed the prestigious Norton-Leatherman Spine Surgery Fellowship in Louisville, KY - the second oldest spine fellowship in the US with more spine fellows trained than any other program.
He now strives to provide the best care experience for his patients focusing on conservative care and customizing the operative plan for each patient to achieve their unique goals of surgery and attempting to minimize their complications.
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Spinal Tumors
- Disc Herniation
- Spine Trauma
- Back Pain
- Disc Problems
- Neck Pain
- Spinal Deformities
- Lateral lumbar interbody fusion
- Artificial Cervical Disk Replacement
- Injection Therapy
- Robotic Spinal Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery
- Artificial Disc Replacement
- Cervical Myelopathy
- Arm Pain/Radiculopathy
- Spinal Stenosis
- Anterior Lumbar Fusion
- Norton Hospital
- University of Louisville
- University of Chicago
- University of Chicago
- University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine
- University of Michigan
- 53880 Carmichael Drive
South Bend, IN 46635
- 60160 Bodnar Blvd
Mishawaka, IN 46544
- 5218 Beck Drive Suite 10
Elkhart, IN 46516
Hospital & Surgery Center Locations
- Memorial Hospital of South Bend
- Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center – Mishawaka Campus
- Allied Physicians Surgery Center, South Bend
- Unity Medical & Surgical Hospital - Mishawaka
- With almost being a year out from surgery, I am happy to say that my life is back to normal. Dr. Reddy is one of the most caring doctors I have ever met. I felt no pain right from the start. I know that each person surgery is different and can take a different time to recover. Luckily for me I was cleared to go back to all normal activities just six months out from surgery. With my normal activities being a college track athlete, specifically a high jumper. I would recommend Dr. Reddy to anymore who is not quite sure surgery is for them. He always looks at other options before he suggests surgery, unlike other doctors, and he truly cares about it patiences.
- Dr. Reddy performed surgery on my lower back on December 23, 2019. The surgery consisted of cleaning out an old surgery performed 30 years earlier by another doctor, creating space between my vertebrae and installing a rod from my L-1 to L-5 lumbar region. I was very apprehensive about having surgery and had tried several other treatments for several years before being introduced to Dr. Reddy by my neighbor who is a nurse who highly recommended him. Two months after surgery I was walking without assistance and without pain. It has now been four months and I am pain free and able to play golf, walk and exercise WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS. I am 76 years old and feel like I have my life back.
- In Jan, 2020, Dr Reddy performed a hybrid surgery on my c4-c5, c5-c6. This was done to relieve nerve pressure from collapsing discs that caused a significant loss of strength in my right bicep and forearm. As an otherwise healthy 57 yr old, I could barely lift a cup of coffee. The c4-c5 disc was replaced with a “Mobi-c“artificial disc (which Dr Reddy has advanced training). The c5-c6 was fused,(acdf). After a lot of anxiety and failed conservative treatment, the surgery was a great success. It’s been three months, and most of my strength has returned and continues to improve. I have no neck pain and can sleep through the night now. Dr Reddy was great to work with, and I believe an extremely competent surgeon. His staff also did a wonderful job. It was all the positive reviews that had me contact Dr Reddy, and I’m very grateful that I did.
- Dr. Reddy completed an anterior fusion on my L5/S1. The outcome of the procedure was exactly as he explained it would be. I had back pain for 2 years, and within 6 weeks I am pain free and am able to enjoy life again. Thank you Dr. Reddy
- First, I want to say that I'm 33 years old and have been very active all my life. Last May, I injured myself at work and to my dismay, was told I needed to have surgery. At that time, I had never had surgery despite breaking some bones when I was younger. I was naturally pretty nervous especially when I was told that a disc in my neck (spine) needed to be replaced. Upon meeting Dr. Reddy, he immediately explained in great detail what the process entailed. Throughout the whole process, Dr. Reddy worked with me and had great communication. Surgery day went very well despite my nerves being through the roof. My recovery also went very well. I spent one night being monitored in the hospital and was released the next morning. Yes I dealt with some pain but it was very manageable. I returned to my job, which is very demanding, in four months. It's been six months now and I am back to 100% in the gym and my active lifestyle. I would recommend Dr. Reddy to anyone, he is an amazing surgeon!
- It has been a year since my surgery. C5-7 fused. 3D printed titanium that looks awesome on the x-ray. Pain is all gone! The scar is barely there and I never notice it. I am so grateful I had this surgery! My life is so much better. I am finally able to enjoy things again without chronic pain. I am finally getting to spend time doing the things I enjoy, instead of sitting at home under the covers. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner!
- I had back surgery with Dr. Deepak Reddy September 30, 2019. The best decision ever.Over the past 2 years I tried many many different options. I was diagnosed with arthritis, adult scoliosis and spondylolisthesis at L4-L5 and S1.My left leg was numb down to my toes. My favorite position was in bed with a pillow under my knees.Dr. Reddy explained in our first meeting he would perform a laminectomy and spinal fusion to relieve the pain of the pinched nerve.The pain was GONE overnight.By the third week I was so happy and so relieved Originally surgery was scheduled for 9/9/2019 when he noticed a minute black dot. A few months prior I had a cyst removed. APPARENTLY NOT COMPLETELY. He lanced it and postpone the procedure. Thank God he so OBSERVANT His qualifications Highly skilled, caring, extremely confident, easy to talk to and very experienced The Michiana area is blessed to have a brilliant surgeon
- I am a 58 year old female. I dealt with severe pain in my neck shoulders and down my left arm into my hand for 6 months. Weakness, numbness stabbing pain were all present. i met with Dr Reddy and he presented some options. i started with a shot which only gave me about 4 hours of relief so surgery was my only option. Dr Reddy met with me several times before surgery and explained everything about it and what to expect afterward. I was scared to death but yet couldnt continue to live in pain so i went ahead with the surgery. I was so impressed with the teamwork from office appointments to pre testing and the day of surgery. Everyone kept me informed along the whole way. When i woke up after surgery everything Dr Reddy had explained was right on. If there is anyone else out there experiencing this kind of pain I would highly recommend meeting with Dr. Reddy. His confidence as a surgeon gave me confidence as a patient to make this decision. Best thing I could have done
- We discussed what surgery I was going to have on my back and explained to me in a way that I understood the procedure. When visiting while in the hospital he sat with me and told me what was done. All office visits he goes over how my back is going and explains everything. I have never felt rushed and he always answers all of my questions on the list. I have never had a doctor who spends the time with a patient as he does. I am 6 weeks out of surgery and doing great. I would highly recommend him and I think he is the greatest.
- I’m 69. For 50 years I dealt with pain caused by disc disease and multiple levels of other back issues. Exercise, stretching, and ibuprofen kept me going, but I was in pain every day. Ultimately, surgery (fusion of S1, L4, and L5) became the only option. Dr. Reddy’s education, experience, and recommendations from acquaintances convinced me to make an appointment; when my wife and I met with him, we were sold. We were pleased that he was open to talking with a surgeon from Chicago who had taken care of our family for decades but was no longer performing surgery. Things couldn’t have gone better from start to finish. The back pain I suffered for 50 years was gone completely after the first surgery and it hasn’t returned. When I first saw Dr. Reddy a year ago, I was bent over and struggled to walk from the parking lot to his office. A year later, my posture is good, I exercise daily, and I’m snow skiing. Dr. Reddy is just the best - in every way you want your doctor to be.
- I had several (over 4) visits with Dr. Reddy prior to making the decision to have a L3, L4, L5, S1 spinal fusion with him. He is the type of surgeon who will NOT make decisions for you but will patiently be with you until you are ready to move ahead (as he says "its your back and life"). He explained things, as many times as I needed and answered every single question I presented to him with patience and compassion. Overall I found him to be very knowledgeable, confident, honest, friendly and approachable. He does not pull any punches and tells you exactly what you will be facing post surgery for your recovery. You will not regret going on this scary adventure with Dr. Reddy. P.S. Do your own research and spend time reading blogs from others who have had fusion surgeries similar to what you are having. There is A LOT of good information out there to help you with your recovery process. Pre-planning will make your recovery soooo much easier.
- I had a herniated disc pressing on my nerves which caused sciatica that I lived with in pain for 6 months. Dr. Reddy saw my MRI and proposed a discectomy, a minimally invasive surgery to remove the herniated portion of the disc that was pressing on my nerves. On the day of the outpatient surgery the nurses took me back around 11:15 am, and I woke up in recovery at 1:50 pm with NO MORE PAIN! It has been two weeks since my surgery and I have not needed any type of pain medicine. The minor discomfort i felt from the incision area was so minor that I didn't even need pain meds. I was able to walk out of the hospital within 2 hours of waking up. I have a 10 pound lifting restriction to allow my body to heal, but otherwise I was able to get out the next day with just being careful. I am walking 4 to 5 miles a day now with no discomfort from the surgery at all. Dr. Reddy was informative, compassionate, respectful and caring. Dr. Reddy is your best choice to help you get healthy again!
- Patient, personable, professional and smart. I would recommend to anyone who has spine problems.
- I am 86 years of age. He put me at ease regarding my age and the back surgery. I am very pleased with Dr. Reddy and the surgery. would recommend him to anyone.
- I had suffered with spinal stenosis for over 15 years. When it began to affect my hips and legs I had to do more than PT, Chiropractic, Injections and heating pads! I was referred to Dr. Deepak Reddy of SBO. I had determined NOT to resort to invasive back surgery, but his kind demeanor and ability to explain my condition and the corrective surgery he could offer, encouraged me to go for it. I figured I'd be out of commission for at least six weeks...but immediately after surgery the hip/leg pain was gone. I was able to go home on the third day and began rapid recovery from the L4-5 fusion (Midlif). I was immediately able to tend to my routine needs, although requiring frequent rest periods. By the third week I was ready to venture out on some life activities. Dr. Reddy has been attentive and helpful during these weeks following surgery. I have no regrets on the decision to have the surgery and very grateful to Dr. Reddy. I am 76 and ready to tackle many more years of living!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on July 3rd, 2019I went to see Dr. Reddy after another surgeon had done a diskectomy surgery 3 times. I still had pain and my leg was numb. After the last surgery I had a foot drop. I was miserable. Dr Reddy was my savior. He said he might be able to fix me when everyone else just wanted to put me on pain medication. He did an anterior surgery to fuse my spine. 6 weeks later I've got my life back! Thanks so much to him and his wonderful staff.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on September 21st, 2018I had back pain for 7 years. I saw multiple doctors had 10 injections and never found relief. I was told by a friend to see Dr. Reddy. He took the time to talk to me and suggested surgery. I was in the hospital for a few days and was so impressed by my care at SJ. I'm 6 weeks out and for the first time in a long time I'm pain free. I'm so happy I picked Dr. Reddy and SBO.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on September 7th, 2018This guy is awesome. He's the best spine surgeon I've ever met. Don't hesitate to see him. He's kind, courteous, well trained and has helped me and my family with excellent results.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on June 13th, 2018This guy is really impressive. He took care of my mom. She had back and leg pain. Had seen other doctors before who just kept offering her pills and shots. None of that was working anymore. She saw Dr. Reddy, he explained it to us in a way I can understand. He's got a mechanical mind. Surgery went great and she's recovering nicely. So far so good. So glad we found him and made the trip. We traveled over 2 hours to see him which was tough but worth it. If you live in Elkhart or South Bend there's no one else you should be seeing.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on February 6th, 2018Took care of my when I broke a bone in my left leg. Placed a rod in the bone to fix it up. Went great. Now I'm going back to see him for my neck.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on January 30th, 2018Dr. Reddy helped me with my ankle fracture. I broke the small bone in my ankle and he treated me in a boot. I was lucky to not need surgery. He saw me after I came out of the boot and helped manage my therapy so I could get back to work. Thanks Doc!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on January 22nd, 2018I had surgery with Dr. Reddy at Saint Joe. My case went great, I had a wonderful team after surgery and was able to return home 3 days after. My recovery went as planned and now 3 months after surgery I'm happy as can be. Thanks so much for giving me my life back.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on December 11th, 2017This is the best doctor I've ever seen. Smart, thoughtful, compassionate and an excellent surgeon. I'd recommend him to all of my friends and family. There's no one I'd trust more.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on November 30th, 2017Great doctor. Fantastic Experience. Will come back if I have any further issues.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on November 30th, 2017Excellent care. Very personable. Great experience
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on October 14th, 2017Dr. Reddy was a great surgeon. Came to see me every day in the hospital to make sure I was ok. I went to St. Joe rehab and he even came to see me once over there. Him and his team are fantastic. Who knew we had such great surgeons in Northern Indiana.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on October 14th, 2017Dr. Reddy is phenomenal. Ignore any issues people talk about with wait times. I was seen as a new patient. His staff took 20 minutes with me carefully reviewing my medications, history and symptoms. Then I went to X-ray and got pictures taken. When Dr. Reddy came in he took his time and was very through. Yes my wait time was a bit longer than at my primary care docs office but they do so much more!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on October 14th, 2017Dr. Reddy is awesome! I can't imagine seeing someone else if you live in South Bend. He's the best in the area by far. I've seen a lot of doctors since my accident but Dr. Reddy is my fav. His office staff is great and always makes me smile. Say hi to Angie when you're there! She keeps everything running smoothly.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on October 14th, 2017This is one of the kindest doctors I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. He's smart, confident, well trained and a blessing to the south bend/mishawaka area. So happy he's my doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on October 14th, 2017Had spine surgery with Dr. Reddy. Fantastic experience. Would highly recommend. Don't hesitate to see him. Much better than my local neuro.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on October 14th, 2017Nothing but the best. He's wonderful. Exceeded all of my expectations.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on September 16th, 2017I'm not sure why there's a one star review on this website. This is one of the finest doctors I've ever met. I don't trust reviews with no comments or explanations. All I know is if you need a spine surgery in the Michiana area, look no further. My wife and I are both patients of Dr. Reddy and love him to death. Well worth the wait.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on September 16th, 2017Best spine surgeon in town. I'm a physician and I saw him and had an excellent result. Can't thank him enough for the work he did and attention to detail in my case.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Deepak K Reddy - Posted on January 10th, 2014Dr. Reddy Has an Awesome personality. .I commend him for his bed side manners and His knowledge and expertise in the Field of Medicine as A Orthopedic surgeon. I would Recommend his Services to anyone needing orthopedic care.
- Very excellent, knowledgeable and compassionate physician.
- Almost a year now after C6-7 fusion and feeling much better!! Dr. Reddy listens and cares! His staff is great too!
- Dr. Reddy did an incredible job as my back surgeon. He is not only thorough and talented, he also truly cares about his patients. My surgery was very extensive and he was there all the way, with frequent visits to the hospital to check in with me. I highly recommend him!
- Dr. Reddy was so wonderful! He fixed my back and had a great bedside manner. He made me very comfortable and was very kindhearted. Would definitely recommend him to anyone with back problems.
- Dr Reddy is one of the few surgeons who has training with both orthopedic spine and neuronspine. This allows him to look at the bigger picture and provide his patients superior outcomes. His bedside manner is very kind- he explains everything and makes his patients feel at ease with their diagnosis and treatment plans. He is very conservative so don’t be surprised if he says surgery is not the best option for you. But when he does recommend surgery you know it is needed and very likely to help you. Truly a diamond in the rough. South bend is lucky to have a surgeon of his caliber and man of his character.
- After a bad hip fracture, Dr reddy saved my life. Thank you doctor. The best
- Dr Reddy did my spinal fusion on March 14 on my L3 L4 and L5 surgery was a total success despite me gaining an infection I can walk properly I feel human again and this man has totally change my life it’s been two weeks since my surgery yes I have to be on antibiotics because of an abscess that was found post surgically which had nothing to do with the surgeon but I would recommend him hands-down he is a 10+ His Staff members along with the disease control doctor Dr. Wyman is also phenomenal I feel like I was taking care of like royalty thank you for everything you did
- Dr. Reddy has a great bedside manner.
He will sit and listen, compassion, answer any questions you have until there are no more to ask. He apologized for not being notified in my situation and that was not even his fault, and when I went to see him at his office he remembered me and apologized again.
I would recommend this Doc to anyone he is caring, compassionate, he gives you and your family as much time as you need to talk to him and ask anything he will answer....Just an awesome man and Doctor thank you so much Doctor Reddy.