Dr. Jeffrey Yergler is a Board-certified orthopaedic surgeon. He graduated from The University of Michigan in 1996. Dr. Yergler received his medical degree from the Indiana University School of Medicine in 2000. He then completed an Orthopaedic Surgical Residency at Duke University Medical Center in 2005. In 2006 he completed an Adult Reconstructive Fellowship at Rush University School of Medicine, in Chicago. He specializes in minimally invasive adult reconstructive surgery with rapid rehabilitation protocols, including primary/revision hip and knee replacement, hip and knee reconstruction, outpatient joint replacement and knee arthroscopy.
He has received numerous honors, awards and peer recognition. He believes all patients are unique and takes their aspirations and goals into account when developing a treatment/surgical plan. In his free time, Dr. Yergler enjoys spending time with his wife and four children. They enjoy outdoor activities, traveling, and are involved with their children’s athletics and teams.
Dr. Yergler focuses on: Hip and Knee Joint Reconstruction, Robotic Hip and Knee Joint Reconstruction, Knee and Hip Arthroscopy, Complex Knee and Hip Revision, Work Related Injuries, and Sports Medicine
Medical Society Memberships
- Fellow of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Indiana State Medical Association
- Piedmont Orthopaedic Society – Duke University
- Indiana Orthopaedic Society
- Notre Dame Orthopaedic Society
- American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons
- ROSA® Robotic Knee Replacement
- Knee Pain
- Knee Arthritis
- Knee Fracture
- Meniscal Injuries
- Ligament Injuries
- Patellar Instability
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Total Knee Replacement
- Partial Knee Replacement
- Revision Knee Replacement
- Outpatient Knee Replacement Surgery
- Knee Ligament Reconstruction
- ACL Reconstruction
- PCL Reconstruction
- MCL Reconstruction
- Patellar Tendon Repair
- Meniscal Surgery
- Cartilage Replacement
- Knee Fracture
- Knee Osteotomy
- Hip Pain
- Hip Arthritis
- Hip Fractures
- Hip Injury
- Hip Bursitis
- Femoroacetabular Impingement
- Hip Abductor Tears
- Avascular Necrosis
- Total Hip Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Total Hip Replacement
- Hip Hemiarthroplasty
- Revision Hip Replacement
- Core Decompression for Avascular Necrosis of the Hip
- Hip Preservation Surgery
Foot & Ankle
Hand & Wrist
- Diplomate of American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Fellowship in Adult Reconstructive Surgery
- Rush University School of Medicine
- Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
- Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- 53880 Carmichael Drive
South Bend, IN 46635
- 60160 Bodnar Blvd
Mishawaka, IN 46544
- 5218 Beck Drive Suite 10
Elkhart, IN 46516
Hospital & Surgery Center Locations
- Memorial Hospital of South Bend
- Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center – Mishawaka Campus
- Allied Physicians Surgery Center, South Bend
- Unity Medical & Surgical Hospital - Mishawaka
- Dr J Yergler replaced my hip. Outpatient. Very good experience. I will be back some day for the other side.
- Busy clinic but I don't feel like a number; been a patient for 4 years now. Dr. Yergler corrected a bad knee replacement with a revision and performed first time knee replacement on the other knee. He's a wealth of knowledge and experience! Pleasant bedside manner with nice staff. There's no other orthopedic doctor I would recommend! Mine was a tough case that he dove into and got me enjoying life again!
- My experience has been amazing! I suffered for four months waiting for surgery scheduled for mid-May. I was encouraged by a friend who had had 2 knees done by Yergler to get a second opinion from him. I got an appt within 2 weeks, surgery was scheduled within the month. I am now recovering & am still 1 1/2 months from first scheduled surgery. I have an incision that is half the size of my husbands, I am able to bend past 90degrees, walking with a walker & at this writing am 4days post-op
- They took care of my daughter after a ski injury. Very thankful for the quick treatment and kind words to make her feel comfortable. A long leg cast is never fun but she is in great hands!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey D Yergler - Posted on December 15th, 2019I had 2 knee replacements and it was the best decision I have ever made. I am very very satisfied with my surgery. He did an excellent job. I recommend him to my friends. Love my knees.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey D Yergler - Posted on August 9th, 2018Dr. Yergler performed my double knee replacements a couple years ago. He took time to explain everything pre- and was available post-surgery. My outcome has been outstanding, and I got my mobility back. He is the best orthopedic surgeon in our area having done so many of my friends' knee surgeries I've lost track. He has even fixed mistakes made by other surgeons in Michigan City and LaPorte.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey D Yergler - Posted on June 29th, 2013Had more than "just" a total knee replacement. My entire right leg needed straightening and he managed to do it. 2 weeks after the surgery, I'm using a cane, working on walking without it, very pleased with my progress and my leg is straight for the first time in 3 years. Would recommend him to anyone requiring knee replacement. BTW, waiting for him for office appts. was understandable, my own surgery took longer than anticipated due to the complexity of straightening the leg. Nature of the beast due to the excellence of the work.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey D Yergler - Posted on January 17th, 2013Dr. Yergler was great! I was released after six weeks for knee replacement. He told me what to expect after surgery and how much I was going to have to work to get it back to normal. I would recommond him for any orthopedic surgery
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey D Yergler - Posted on December 5th, 2012Best Experience I have ever had.
- Dr. Yergler is wonderful, but wished office staff would have informed me that he did not participate with BCBS of Michigan.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey D Yergler - Posted on October 31st, 2012Excellent expeience. Dr Jeff is a very knowledgeable and skilled surgeon. Takes the time to answer questions. All staff members were polite, friendly, and caring. Will recommend SBO.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey D Yergler - Posted on October 26th, 2012dr j yergler is an EXCELLENT physician and orthopedic surgeon! i am very grateful to HIM and staff for my surgery and care.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey D Yergler - Posted on August 27th, 2012He is a very knowledgeable doctor and willing to answer any questions you may have.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey D Yergler - Posted on October 23rd, 2011I would like to acknowledge Dr. Jeffery Yergler and his commendable staff at Memorial hospital for performing my hip replacement surgery and following up post operation. They are cordial group of professionals who make patient comfort and satisfaction the cornerstone of their practice. Specifically, the RN, Chintin tended to my needs after the procedure. Needless to say, he is a very intelligent and experienced employee, with a good sense of humor. A hospital stay is never comfortable, but Dr. Yergler and Chintin gave me the assurance I needed while away from home. Overall, I would gladly recommend Dr. Yergler and his team to a friend or family member. Thank you!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey D Yergler - Posted on May 24th, 2010DR. YERGLER CAME HIGHLY RECOMMENDED TO ME BY A RELATIVE WHO IS A PHYSICAL THERAPIST. IT WAS A LONG WAY TO GO TO SEE A DR BUT HE IS WORTH THE DRIVE. HE IS KIND, PATIENT AND RELIABLE. I TOOK MY SON TO HIM ALSO FOR A SPORTS RELATED INJURY. HE IS GREAT WITH KIDS TOO!
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey D Yergler - Posted on May 24th, 2010I have found Dr. Yergler to be very knowledgeable and very easy to talk to.He answered all of my questions and explained what he had to do to correct the problem. The prosthesis had broken in the middle of the femur without breaking the femur. After surgery he was there to answer all questions and explained to my wife exactly how the surgery went. Since then we have had several post surgery followups and he has has taken the time to answer all of our questions.We find him to be quite friendly and very easy to talk to unlike some doctors we have dealt with. I sort of understand doctors as my father was a physician and I grew up knowing many doctors.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Jeffrey D Yergler - Posted on February 16th, 2009He's the absolute best all the way around!