Dr. Michael Yergler
Dr. Michael Yergler is Board Certified through the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons in both Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. He has provided over 20 years of service as Team Physician for The University of Notre Dame Men’s and Women’s basketball team and the Men’s and Women’s Soccer Teams.
Orthopedic Sports Medicine Surgeon at South Bend Orthopaedics
Dr. Michael Yergler is Board Certified through the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgeons in both Orthopaedic Surgery and Sports Medicine. The subspecialty Certificate in Sports Medicine is only obtained through additional training and a high volume of cases in sports medicine.
After Dr. Yergler completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery at the University of Florida College of Medicine in 2000, he completed a sports medicine fellowship at San Diego Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine.
In 2021 he completed his 20th year as The University of Notre Dame Team Physician for both Men’s & Women’s Basketball. Throughout his time serving as a Team Physician at Notre Dame, he also covered Men’s and Women’s Soccer, Volleyball and oversaw Olympic Sports.
Dr. Yergler has a strong passion for sports and medicine. He takes pride in his ability to relate to his patients and aims to help his patients remain active for as long as they can. When Dr. Yergler is away from the office/surgery, he enjoys spending time with his spouse, Amy, as well as his children, Abigail, Allison, Anna, and Andrew.
They enjoy skiing, traveling, and attending Notre Dame sporting events.
University of Notre Dame
- Consulting Physician
Medical Society Memberships
- Fellow of American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Council of Delegates Representative for State of Indiana
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- Indiana State Medical Association
- Indiana Orthopaedic Society
- Notre Dame Orthopaedic Society
Team Physician Experience
- San Diego Gulls Professional Hockey Team
- University of Florida
- University of California – San Diego
- San Diego State University
- Grossmont College
- NASA Space Shuttle Disaster Physician
- The University of Notre Dame